- 1 6 Reasons to Have a Shower Filter at Home
- 2 Reasons to get a shower filter:
- 3 Types of shower water filters by installation
- 4 Shower filters available on the market
- 5 6 Reasons to Have a Shower Filter at Home
6 Reasons to Have a Shower Filter at Home
A shower filter is an important device for improving the quality of your shower water. By reducing chlorine, sediment, and other contaminants, it can help you enjoy cleaner, healthier water and a better shower experience. Here are 6 reasons why you should consider investing in a shower filter for your home:
- Reduce Chlorine Exposure
- Improve Skin and Hair Health
- Eliminate Unpleasant Odors
- Reduce Exposure to Harmful Contaminants
- Save Money on Soap and Shampoo
- Improve the Life of Your Plumbing
For more information on the benefits of a shower filter, check out this article from Free Drinking Water.
Showerheads with filter are the latest trend in home “Wellness” and likewise in the area we know as holistic medicine. People are becoming more informed and naturally interested in the subject of water – especially its effect on human health. So why is it recommended to use a shower filter?
During showering, various undesirable substances can enter the body through the skin, such as Chlorine and heavy metals. We can also inhale them without realising it, for example when inhaling chlorine fumes during showering or bathing. Repeated exposure to the adverse effects of chlorine can later be reflected in various health complications.
A simple but effective solution that does not burden the wallet is to install a shower filter. Shower filter is a special shower head enriched with a filter insert to capture and reduce unwanted substances. In addition, some filters are enriched with various minerals to help improve water quality.
Reasons to get a shower filter:
1,Protecting the body from chlorine
Before city water enters our water pipes, it goes through a thorough purification process. One way to ensure that the water is thoroughly disinfected is to add cof chlorine or chloramine into the water. While chlorine is highly effective in killing bacteria, it is always a threat to human health, to a greater or lesser degree.
During a shower, much more chlorine can enter the body than, for example, when drinking tap water. This is due to showering at a high temperature, which facilitates the absorption of chlorine into the human body, and since chlorine is a low molecular weight element, it can reach the blood in this way.
Exposure to chlorine during showering can have a number of negative effects on human health, such as:
- Respiratory complications (asthma).
- Drying of skin and hair
- Exposure to carcinogens (e.g. chloroform)
- Throat and lung irritation
Much of the chlorine that enters the body during showering is the result of inhaling chlorine that evaporates into chlorine gas during a hot shower. People also inhale other volatile water contaminants related to chlorine during showering, such as trihalomethanes, the best known of which is chloroform. Chlorine reacts readily with organic substances and promotes the formation of these by-products. The formation can be minimized by proper water treatment, which should remove precursor (the starting substance from which the final product is formed by chemical transformation). In this case, the precursor is an organic substance that is capable of reacting with chlorine. The most important precursors of THMs are macromolecular organic substances occurring mainly in surface waters, which are mainly substances resulting from the decomposition of humus, but also algae, cyanobacteria and others Microorganisms. THMs have been shown to be mutagenic and carcinogenic in animal tests. Chloroform and other THMs can cause cancer of the liver, kidney, bladder, rectum and also have negative effects on reproductive functions.
In addition to the physical effects that chlorine has on the body, it also affects the mind. Studies have found that chlorine can cause fatigue, depression and reduced autoimmune function. Replacing the shower head with a filter version will help you feel fit and restore your energy.
2, Healthier skin and hair
Chlorine not only kills dangerous bacteria, but also good bacteria, which are beneficial to our body and create a protective barrier against external influences. When the barrier is breached, the amount of of vitamin E and others fatty acidswhich keep the skin soft and smooth. This can lead to dry and rough skin, itching, rashes and even acne or other atopic manifestations.
The same thing happens with hair. Chlorine in water, removes natural oilsthat keep the hair healthy, this can result in the hair being crepey and dry.
3, Better immunity
Another thing to worry about if you don’t use a shower water filter is the presence of unwanted microorganisms (such as bacteria, viruses or mold) in the shower head. Because the inside of the shower head is moist, it provides the perfect environment for bacteria to breed. These micro-organisms can easily get out through the running water and can later be the trigger for various infectious diseases. Shower filters help eliminate these microorganisms.
The study, organized by biology professor Norman Pace of the University of Colorado, tested 50 conventional showerheads from around the country and found that biofilm, or microbiological waste, often appeared in them. His study concluded that 60% of the showerheads tested contained bacteria and microorganisms, the most prevalent of which is Mycobacterium avium, a pathogen that can cause lung disease.
4, Cost reduction
Although tap water is affordable, the health and cosmetic problems associated with chlorine-treated water can make you spend a lot more money than you planned. In particular, the additional costs associated with health care The use of shower filters can relieve users from unnecessarily purchasing large quantities of lotions, moisturizers and other cosmetic products designed for sensitive and irritated skin.
5, Elimination of toxic substances
Although the water is filtered by the local water plant, some hazardous chemicals may still be present in the water. Commonly, these can be toxinssuch as fluoride, Teflon, polyfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) and even heavy metals as arsenic, lead a Mercury. The better the water is treated before use, the lower the risk of getting dangerous substances into our bodies. A water filter in the shower is just another line of defense to help keep us safe.
6, A relaxing experience
Filtration mixture, which is part of filter head, can be enriched with minerals and vitamins (e.g. vitamin C) but also with pleasant fragrances. The mineral and vitamin C content helps to reduce the unpleasant sensations of itchy skin, helps to combat hair frizz and generally improves skin immunity. Thanks to vitamin refill releases a gentle scent during the shower, which is relaxing and helps to regenerate the mind and body after a hard day. You can find up to 5 different fragrances in our range: Citrus, lavender, rose, jasmine and mint..
Types of shower water filters by installation
When it comes to buying a shower water filter, you have two options:
- You can get a shower head that has a filter built right in.: they are convenient and affordable and easy to install. They look like a regular shower head.
- Separate filter: these are also easy to install. All you have to do to install a shower filter of this type is remove the original shower head, screw the filter on, and then reattach the shower head to it.
Installation in both cases takes only a few minutes and although it is a small investment it is well worth the small effort. The results of using the shower filter can surprise you very positively within a short time.
Shower filters available on the market
Above we mentioned the basic division according to the method of installation. But do you know what filter media is used in the filters? On the market we find the following types:
- Granular filter with activated carbon: This shower filter uses natural activated carbon to neutralize any chemicals present in the water. This filter is the most common on the market as it is very effective in removing chlorine, heavy metals and is an eco-friendly and natural filtration option.
- Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) Filter: Shower KDF filters create a positive and negative charge to remove chlorine, mercury, lead and other harmful elements. Both zinc and copper are used to create said reaction.
- Vitamin C filter: These shower filters use vitamin C to remove chloramines and chlorine from shower water. They are also effective in removing sediment from the water and tend to be the most popular.
Using a shower filter can significantly reduce the amount of harmful chemicals and bacteria found in the water, reducing the risk of skin irritation and possible illness. Once installed, the shower filter will remove any sediment that may be present in the water, reducing the chemical content, making the water cleaner and safer for the body.
Using filtered shower heads is good for health, skin, hair and even for improving the quality of life. Want more information on what to look for when buying filtered shower heads? Feel free to contact us.
Why Should I Have a Shower Filter at Home?
Having a shower filter at home can provide many health and lifestyle benefits. Here are 6 reasons why you should consider investing in a shower filter:
- 1. Improved water quality – Shower filters reduce the levels of chlorine and other contaminants in your water, making it safer for you and your family to use.
- 2. Softened water – Many shower filters are designed to soften your water, making it more gentle on your skin and hair.
- 3. Reduced soap scum – Hard water can cause soap scum to build up on your shower walls and fixtures. A shower filter can help reduce this buildup.
- 4. Reduced skin irritation – Chlorine and other chemicals in unfiltered water can cause skin irritation and rashes. A shower filter can help reduce these irritations.
- 5. Reduced risk of disease – By reducing the levels of contaminants in your water, a shower filter can help reduce your risk of developing certain diseases.
- 6. Improved air quality – By reducing the amount of chlorine and other chemicals that are released into the air, a shower filter can help improve the air quality in your home.
For more information about the benefits of having a shower filter at home, check out this article.
6 Reasons to Have a Shower Filter at Home
- Removes chlorine, heavy metals, and other contaminants from water
- Improves the quality of your shower water
- Reduces the amount of soap scum and buildup in your shower
- Improves the smell and taste of your shower water
- Protects your skin and hair from the effects of hard water
- Reduces the amount of chemicals you are exposed to
Having a shower filter at home is a great way to improve your overall health and wellbeing. Here are 6 reasons why you should install a shower filter in your home: 1) Removes chlorine and other contaminants from your water, 2) Improves the quality of your skin and hair, 3) Reduces the risk of respiratory problems, 4) Helps protect your plumbing, 5) Reduces the amount of soap scum and buildup in your shower, and 6) Improves the taste of your water. Don’t wait any longer – take action today and install a shower filter in your home!