Plants make the surrounding green and help in cleaning up air pollution as well as absorbing water from rain and floods. However, not all plants can be placed indoor or can last long if they are used as decorations. Nowadays, fake plants are used for convenient and easy use of plants for décor. And these plants must be clean because dirt and dust can accumulate overtime.
These are the ways in cleaning fake plants:
- Prepare the tools needed for cleaning fake plants. Get the feather duster, dry cloths, water and Windex with ammonia D. The materials must be ready beforehand.
- Using a feather duster, dust the fake plants to remove dust and other loose dirt. When dusting, make sure that you reach every part and every nook and cranny of the fake plant.
- Sometimes, dusting is not enough to remove all the dust so use a dry cloth and wipe the clinging dust or dirt on the fake plant. This is to ensure that there is no dust left for the next step.
- Wet a dry cloth and wipe it to the fake plant. Remove any form of dirt that sticks to the fake plants. In this part, it is important to remove all the dust. So that when the wet cloth is being wiped, there is no dust on it. If it has dust, then it will spread throughout the entire fake plant. If you want to speed up this process, you can just bathe your fake plant with water using a hose or bucket. Just make sure to remove the remaining dust and dirt.
- Using a dry cloth, wipe the fake plant dry and to prepare it for the next step. For cleaner results, if the cloth is already wet and dirty, use another cloth for the other parts. This way, the dirt will not go to other parts of the plant.
- Spray Windex with Ammonia D on the entire plant. This substance will not only clean the plants, it will also return them to their original vibrant colors.
- Leave the plant under the sun for about thirty minutes. The sunlight will give the Windex its full effect and will help in giving the fake plant a vibrant color. Now, your plants are ready to be displayed again.
Always clean the fake up plants so that it will have a nice color and can last up long. Avoid using harsh chemicals and products when cleaning so that it would not be damage. Keep the plants in safe area so that it won’t cause any problems in the environment.
How to Clean Fake Plants?
1. Start by giving your fake plants a good dusting. Use a soft brush or cloth to remove any surface dirt or debris.
2. If your fake plants are looking a bit lackluster, you can try giving them a light misting with water. Let them air dry completely before proceeding to the next step.
3. To disinfect your fake plants, mix up a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach per gallon of water. Submerge the plants in the solution and let them soak for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and allow to air dry completely.
4. If your fake plants are extremely dirty, you may need to give them a more thorough cleaning with soapy water.