Many people don’t use a rice cooker because they don’t know how to use a rice cooker? If you like to make or eat a lot of rice and need to cook a large quantity of rice at once, then using a rice cooker can make your process easier. You just simply need to add your rice and water and wait. The moment you are using a rice cooker, you can save time by taking some additional steps to do other important household work. As the rice cooker environment is sealed, it decreases the air pressure over the liquid and as a result, it boils faster.
The instruction manual that comes with your rice cooker is important to read and follow instructions to the letter. For your specific rice maker, these instructions were developed by the company. This will ensure you get good results each and every time.
How Long Does A Rice Cooker Need to Cook Your Rice?
There are different types of rice and they will require different amounts of water and time to be cooked completely. And the best part is, your rice cooker will understand that when your rice has finished its cooking and it will turn off automatically. Generally, when you need to cook a large quantity of rice in a rice cooker, it will take about 30 to 50 minutes. Some cookers have “quick cook mode” with which you can cook within 20 minutes. Read the accompanying manual for an exact time.
Is It Necessary to Rinse the Rice?
Before you put the rice in the rice cooker, many people suggest rinsing the rice to clean it and remove any herbicides, pesticides or contaminants that may be present. Some milling practices make broken grains and release the excess starch in the rice. To prevent the rice clumping together, it needs to be rinsed off. If you decide to rinse your rice, take a bowl and pour drinking water or hold it under the faucet. Wash the rice until the water looks relatively clear.
Steps to Use A Rice Cooker
- Measure the amount of rice you will need and place it in a bowl.
- Rinse your rice until you see fresh water (Optional)
- After that, place the rice to the inner pan of your rice cooker. To make your cleanup easier, you can use a reusable rice napkin.
- Afterward, add enough water to the rice cooker pan.
- Now, you transfer your pan insider your rice cooker and close it. You can add any oil, butter or spices if you wish so.
- Turn the cooker on and you should see a light on the front as most cookers have a light that indicates when the unit is on.
- By turning off the light or making a sound, the cooker will notify you that your rice has finished cooking. Before you serve the rice, keep it in the warm mode for at least 15 minutes. This will help your rice to absorb the water entirely.
- To serve your rice, use plastic serving staffs or rice paddles.
Now you know, how to use a rice cooker and these are the simple and effective steps you should follow to use your rice cooker and get good results every time. Additionally, learning about rinsing your rice and the exact ratio of rice to water can help and assure that you are serving the best rice to your guest.